First Baptist Church of Norfolk services Norfolk and Hampton Roads community by providing food, shelter, clothing, and spiritual guidance based on the teachings of Jesus Christ. First Baptist Church of Norfolk led by Senior Pastor, Dr. Robert G. Murray, is looking for dedicated individuals to serve the will of God.
- Bible Study is to enhance your knowledge and understanding of the written Word of God, to enhance growth in your personal relationship with God, in your ministry and in your relationship with others.
- Couples Ministry is to assist married and engaged couples in successfully building a respectful and loving relationship with one another based upon biblical principles.
- Family Ministry assists the pastor by providing family-oriented seminars throughout the year. This ministry sponsors programs which are incorporated into the regular church service.
- Health Ministry offers health-related assistance and limited medical support at regular church services and funerals. It provides health information on a regular basis and sponsors an annual health fair to promote healthy living among our church family.
- Hospitality Ministry consists of members who greet everyone with a smile on Sunday mornings and offer assistance to guests. They give the welcome at the regular worship services.
- Kitchen Ministry provides scrumptious delectable delights for meetings and church services. They are always seeking experienced certified chefs, bakers, and cooks to join their bright and cheerful staff.
- Media Ministry is recruiting individuals to serve as sound technicians and individuals to assist with duplication and distribution of CD's, DVD's, tapes, etc. Training will be provided.
- Praise Dancers express spiritualism through song and dance.
- Praise and Worship Ministry leads the congregation in praise and worship through song, prayer, and praise at the beginning of each service.
- Singles Ministry ensures Single Christians spiritual needs are met through church activities.
- Sunday School - If you know your bible, the Sunday school needs you. If you do not know your bible, you need the Sunday school.
- Ushers - The church needs ushers. There are 5 usher boards: First Sunday - Youth, Second Sunday - Usher Min. # 2, Third Sunday - Male Ushers, Fourth Sunday - Usher Min. # 1, Fifth Sunday - Love Ushers. If you have a gift of caring for others and you love to work with people, the usher ministry needs you.
- Women's Fellowship - All females in the church belong to the Women's Fellowship. The Women's Fellowship sponsor women's conferences, women's month and many activities throughout the year. It enhances the spiritual growth of women by dealing with many issues unique to women.
- Youth Choir consist of young people starting at the age of 12. They sing on second Sunday and are a blessing to the surrounding community.